- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- Mein Schiff 3 to improve energy efficiency by about 30%
- Regent Seven Seas makes itinerary changes for fall 2014
- Mein Schiff 1 godmother to celebrate fourth anniversary of ship with gala concert
- Richard J. O'Hanlon appointed Vice President, Nautical and Safety Operations for Carnival Cruise Lines
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
- RCCL to revitalise Voyager of the Seas before 2014-15 Australasia deployment
- High airfares force Carnival Cruise Lines out of Europe 2014
- Australian source market grew 11% to 694,000 passengers in 2012
Ports & Destinations
- Athens prepares to host Posidonia Sea Tourism Conference
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
- Cruise tourism's contribution to Dubai's tourism growth due to grow in 2014
Products & services
- Wallem opens offices in South Africa
- Trimline and Carnival UK agree an on board interior maintenance service for five ships
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- AIDA calls at Lloyd Werft for the first time
- Category: Latest News
- Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 16:28
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Families can enjoy the ultimate family vacation this fall to one of Norwegian's exciting cruise destinations. Whether it's inter-island hopping in Hawaii, with over 100 hours in port, sharing the rich history of Europe on one of Norwegian's many European cruise itineraries, or soaking up the sun in the Caribbean, families can travel with ease knowing they will visit multiple destinations and only have to unpack once. In addition, only Norwegian offers Freestyle Cruising which gives families the flexibility to experience the vacation they've always dreamed of.
Families who embark on a cruise through Hawaii between September 29 and December 15, 2012 will enjoy exploring four spectacular Hawaiian Islands on a seven-day cruise on board Pride of America, sailing round-trip from Honolulu, with fares starting at $1299*, including a scenic sail past the spectacular Na'Pali Coast.
For the ultimate in Europe cruising, Norwegian Jade offers seven-day Greek Isles and Adriatic itineraries from Venice, Italy from September 1 through October 31, 2012, with fares starting at $479* for seven-day Europe cruises. For a longer vacation, families can embark on a Norwegian Spirit 12-day Grand Mediterranean cruise from either Barcelona or Venice from September 7 through October 13, 2012. This incredible itinerary offers the opportunity for parents and their children to experience five different countries. Norwegian Spirit also offers nine-day Canary Islands cruises from Barcelona from November 6 through December 12, 2012.
Guests of all ages will enjoy exclusive Nickelodeon activities and shows as well as the array of on board activities, entertainment and dining options while cruising through Europe on board Norwegian's newest ship, Norwegian Epic. Families can set sail on seven-day Western Mediterranean itineraries through October 14, 2012 from Barcelona, Spain. Or for those who prefer to sail to sun-drenched destinations, Norwegian Epic will sail seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from Miami beginning November 3, 2012.
Families who are looking to sink their toes into one of Bermuda's famous pink sand beaches can set sail on a seven-day cruise to King's Wharf, Bermuda from New York City on board Norwegian Star from September 9 through October 14, 2012 or on board Norwegian Dawn from Boston on either September 7 or September 14, 2012, with fares starting at $449*.
The entire family will enjoy cruising to tropical destinations on a cruise from New York City to the Bahamas & Florida on board Norwegian Jewel between September 16 and October 14, 2012 with fares starting at $449*, or on Norwegian Gem on a nine-day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean between October 20 and December 13, 2012. Families sailing on Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Jewel will also enjoy exclusive Nickelodeon programming.
For a family cruise to the Western Caribbean, guests can sail a seven-day cruise from three different convenient departure ports, starting at $439. Norwegian Pearl sails from Miami between October 21 and November 25, 2012; Norwegian Star from Tampa between October 26 and December 9, 2012; and Norwegian Dawn from New Orleans between November 4 and December 30, 2012.
For a longer Southern Caribbean cruise vacation, families can embark on a 10 or 11-day cruise on board Norwegian Sun from Miami between October 14 and December 16, 2012.
Fall foliage will delight the whole family on one of Norwegian's Canada & New England Itineraries, with fares starting at $549*. Between September 21 and October 19, 2012, families can sail on a seven-day cruise from Boston on Norwegian Dawn to Quebec or from Quebec to Boston. For a longer Canada & New England experience, Norwegian Gem offers families the chance to cruise for 10-days, round trip from New York City.
Families also have the opportunity to experience Alaska before the Alaska cruise season ends on board Norwegian Pearl or Norwegian Jewel, on a seven-day cruise from Seattle between September 1 and September 16, 2012, starting at $599*.
For a quick family getaway, kids sail free on three and four-day Bahamas cruises on Norwegian Sky from Miami between September 3 and December 28, 2012, with fares starting at $179*.
The line recently enhanced its fleet-wide youth and teen programs, Splash Academy and Entourage. Both Splash Academy and Entourage feature a different theme every day. Whether it's ocean-related, pirates, space cowboys, jungle fever or circus, every day offers kids a new surprise - tailored to their specific age group - Guppies for ages up to 2; Turtles for ages 3 to 5; Seals for ages 6 to 9; and Dolphins for ages 10 to 12. The enhanced curriculum focuses on team building and assisting in developing children's interpersonal and confidence-building skills. With activities that are tailored specifically to each age group, the new youth and teen programs focus on creative and unique activities, along with more sporting events, through a partnership with King's Foundation and Camps. Another highlight of the program is a circus school in partnership with Hilario Productions' Cirque du Jour, a New York-based company that specializes in teaching children real circus skills. Splash Academy also offers activities for cruisers under three and their parents who can enjoy sensory play classes which include baby art featuring "Wee Can Too" organic art products.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas