- Anthem of the Seas named in Southampton
- John Chernesky appointed Vice President of North America Sales for Princess and Cunard
- UK tonnage tax part of RCCL one size does not fit all strategy
- Royal Caribbean revises dynamic dining to 2.0 standard
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has new chairman, directors
- MSC Meraviglia to feature smart technology, cluster cabins for families
- MSC Cruises names first Vista project unit MSC Meraviglia
- RCCL booking volumes rise; Caribbean, Western Med strong, China outpaces forecasts
- RCCL trims 2015 EPS forecast on strong dollar
- RCCL first quarter exceeds forecast on strength of major products
- UK market to return to growth 2015, young people greatest challenge - Leven
- Latin America offers great potential for Royal Caribbean group
- Category: More News
- Published on Tuesday, 06 March 2012 20:50
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Louis Cruises has announced the deployment of its cruise ship Thomson Destiny in its own brand operations as of this coming season. Thomson Destiny will replace the Louis Majesty - which has been chartered to Thomson Cruises as it is better suited for their 7 and 14-night cruises - in the 3- and 4-night cruises operation out of Piraeus and Kusadasi as of May 11th 2012.
Refurbished this year, the new addition to the own brand operations is ideal for 3 and 4-night cruises to the Greek islands and Turkey. Featuring 9 passenger decks and 7 elevators, she can accommodate 1664 passengers in 725 comfortable and welcoming staterooms, 419 of which with window views and 21 suites, 9 of which with balconies, an upgraded option for the Louis Cruises passengers sailing on 3 and 4-night cruises. With 3 eating outlets to choose from, passengers can enjoy the sumptuous Greek and Mediterranean cuisine on board as well as 24-hour room service. A large show lounge, various other lounges, the casino Royale, the spacious decks - ideal also for parties by the 2 large swimming pools - and the 5 bars on board provide a complete entertainment at sea. A fully equipped gym, badminton, basketball and table tennis are available along with the Ocean's Spa for treatments and saunas. The Kid's Club, duty free shops, library and Internet corner complete the experience offered on board.
The deployment of this cruise ship in the Louis Cruises own brand operations marks the launching of the company's enhanced identity as a Greek island and Turkey specialist niche operator with a genuine Hellenic and East Med experience on board. It is for this reason that Thomson Destiny will be renamed Louis Olympia. Named after the ancient sanctuary and archeological site of Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games, the Louis Olympia will provide her passengers with a truly Hellenic experience, fitting with Greece's vast history and culture which shaped today's civilization and democracy around the globe.
Commenting on the addition of Louis Olympia to the own brand operations, Kerry Anastassiadis, CEO of Louis Cruises stated: "The deployment of 'Louis Olympia' in our ex Piraeus and Kusadasi itineraries marks a new era for us at Louis Cruises since it further enhances our profile as the Aegean and East Med specialists. With a name representing the eternal values of Olympia and fitting with our Hellenic identity and local expertise in the region, the 'Louis Olympia' coupled with our 'Louis Cristal' that operates 7-night cruises out of Piraeus and Istanbul, will now both offer our passengers a complete experience of the region's history, culture, tastes, music and 'filoxenia', the Greek word our warm hearted hospitality is based on, while they sail to unique destinations. From the moment a passenger boards one of our cruise ships till the time of his disembarkation, a Louis Cruises sailing offers a genuine experience of Greece and Turkey. After all, we at Louis Cruises don't just sail in Eastern Mediterranean but in essence we invite our passengers for an authentic experience in our 'home' waters."
Alternative flash content
Ports & Destinations
- STX France begins construction on world's largest cruise ship
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
Air & Sea
- Finnair opens sales for flights with all-new Airbus A350 aircraft
- Emirates Airline to offer daily service between Dubai and Orlando
- Lufthansa sets new standards in cabin design and service
- Air Canada to launch nonstop service from Toronto to Dubai
- United Airlines adds Transatlantic routes for summer 2015