- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- Mein Schiff 3 to improve energy efficiency by about 30%
- Regent Seven Seas makes itinerary changes for fall 2014
- Mein Schiff 1 godmother to celebrate fourth anniversary of ship with gala concert
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
- RCCL to revitalise Voyager of the Seas before 2014-15 Australasia deployment
- High airfares force Carnival Cruise Lines out of Europe 2014
- Australian source market grew 11% to 694,000 passengers in 2012
- Norwegian sees $2.2 billion capex on newbuildings to 2015
Ports & Destinations
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
- Cruise tourism's contribution to Dubai's tourism growth due to grow in 2014
- Holland America to introduce calls at Banana Coast in Honduras
Products & services
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- AIDA calls at Lloyd Werft for the first time
- Wärtsilä signs five year Viking Grace maintenance agreement
- Bolidt supplies 16,500sqm of decking material to Norwegian Breakaway
- Category: Products & services
- Published on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 18:25
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Miami-based FUNA International, a subsidiary of SAM Electronics, an L-3 Communications company, announced that it finalized the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of MAVCO, Inc. on April 12. MAVCO, a leading provider of integrated low-voltage electrical system solutions for marine- and land-based applications worldwide, will be integrated into FUNA's existing operational structure to deliver expanded capabilities to its customer base. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Established in 1962, MAVCO specializes in audio, video, lighting, public address, broadcast and security systems. MAVCO's headquarters in Miami houses its management, design, engineering, sales and logistics departments in addition to repair workshops and extensive fabrication areas. The company also maintains an engineering office in Worcestershire, U.K. As a part of the acquisition, the MAVCO name will be integrated into the new, now larger, FUNA brand.
"MAVCO is proud to be joining the L-3 and FUNA family," said John Timinsky, president of former MAVCO and new executive vice president within the now larger FUNA organization. "The acquisition expands our portfolio of products and services, providing us with greater resources to better serve our customers. MAVCO is a natural fit with FUNA's current business."
"We are excited to have MAVCO join the FUNA and L-3 team," said Rex R. Stull, president of FUNA. "MAVCO also brings a new set of customers to FUNA, as well as experience with several specialized markets, such as courts, and local, state and federal government agencies."
FUNA is a global design, engineering, integration and consulting firm that employs more than 200 professionals in 10 international locations. The company was founded in 1972, and its headquarters are located in Emden, Germany. FUNA has over 39 years of experience in integrating a variety of complex systems spanning numerous projects, from the cruise, mega-yacht and offshore industries to comprehensive land-based applications. Its extensive maritime expertise encompasses all types of vessels, including 8 of the 10 largest cruise ships currently afloat, as well as 25 of the 100 largest superyachts in the world. FUNA is ISO 9001 certified in Germany and Finland, and is in the process of receiving certification in the United States.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas