- Holland America Line makes three director appointments in fleet operations department
- Windstar Cruises introduces new yacht and voyage collection
- Mein Schiff 3 to improve energy efficiency by about 30%
- Regent Seven Seas makes itinerary changes for fall 2014
- Mein Schiff 1 godmother to celebrate fourth anniversary of ship with gala concert
- Viking launches its ocean project, company rebrands
- Royal Caribbean's Vice Chairman and CFO Rice to retire
- TUI AG to restructure Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten unit after its deep interim losses
- RCCL to revitalise Voyager of the Seas before 2014-15 Australasia deployment
- High airfares force Carnival Cruise Lines out of Europe 2014
- Australian source market grew 11% to 694,000 passengers in 2012
- Norwegian sees $2.2 billion capex on newbuildings to 2015
Ports & Destinations
- Norwegian Breakaway makes maiden call to Bermuda
- Study demonstrates that BC cruise ports continue to be an economic hub in Canada
- Ports America awarded operating contract for Port of Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
- Cruise tourism's contribution to Dubai's tourism growth due to grow in 2014
- Holland America to introduce calls at Banana Coast in Honduras
Products & services
- Wärtsilä Aquarius ballast water system received final approval
- Wallem opens first hub of expertise in Singapore as it looks to establish strategic maritime locations around the world
- AIDA calls at Lloyd Werft for the first time
- Wärtsilä signs five year Viking Grace maintenance agreement
- Bolidt supplies 16,500sqm of decking material to Norwegian Breakaway
- Category: Products & services
- Published on Thursday, 31 May 2012 16:00
- Written by Teijo Niemelä
Metalcolour A/S has, as of May 25, 2012, acquired DAMPA ApS in Tommerup, Denmark from the U.S. Chicago Metallic group. DAMPA, which in 2011 generated sales of some EUR 10 million, is a leading manufacturer of suspended metal ceiling systems for both marine and building applications.
DAMPA's history dates back to 1950-s, where the company invented the concept of sound absorbing perforated ceiling panels, which was launched under its original name "DAEMPA". Since then the company has spread its concept to most parts of the world where the current name "DAMPA" has become a synonym for these ceiling systems.
Metalcolour A/S, with group turnover of about EUR 25 million, manufactures coil coated and laminated steel and aluminium sheet for a variety of purposes, including shipping and building panels, appliances and automotive parts. It has two production facilities, one in Nykøbing Falster, Denmark and one in Ronneby, Sweden.
Metalcolour has for some years been DAMPA's main supplier of coated steel and aluminium, and through a closer integration between the two companies, substantial savings and more effective launch of new product designs and innovations are expected.
In connection with the acquisition the current Supply Chain Manager at DAMPA, Michael Nykjær, is appointed Plant Manager of DAMPA, while the Chairman and co-owner of Metalcolour A/S Henrik Kaa Andersen becomes CEO. After a short transition period, Michael Nykjær will take over this position.
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas