- MedCruise General Assembly: Discussing and advancing best practices in Med ports
- Queen Victoria's dining options refreshed with new Verandah
- Silversea opens reservations for its 2015 World Cruise
- Royal Caribbean International names new Senior VP of Marketing
- Swan Hellenic says summer's ex UK programe now sold out
- Carnival UK's Dingle airs thoughts of online's future role
- Carnival Corporation appoints Senior VP of Corporate Communications
- Gianni Onorato leaves Costa Crociere
- Mariner of the Seas celebrates maiden Hong Kong call – more Voyager-class programs announced for 2013 and 2014
- Star Cruises to homeport Aquarius in Kota Kinabalu from November 2013
- Creditors agree to $271 million emergency cash injection to STX Shipbuilding & Offshore
- Perception of top cruise brands continues US decline post Carnival Triumph - poll
Ports & Destinations
- Honduras President Lobo dedicates Banana Coast Port
- Martinique to welcome Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas
- Australian government grants AUD13 million to Norfolk Island cruise infrastructure
- Cruise Copenhagen Network focuses on new strategy to increase cruise guests to one million by 2015
- Six percent increase in cruise passenger throughput at Valencia in January-May
Products & services
- MEIKO appoints new head of export sales and marketing
- Wärtsilä launches a new more powerful version of its Wärtsilä 34DF engine
- Viking Cruises selects MAN engines to power its new ocean-going cruise ships
- Herkules Private Equity buys Umoe Schat-Harding and Noreq
- Viking Line to recycle vegetation brushed off from bottoms of ships
- Category: Products & services
- Published on Monday, 28 May 2012 12:51
- Written by Kari Reinikainen
On 1st July 2012, the next deadline for installation of BNWAS (Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm Systems) enters into force. Uni-Safe Electronics has successfully delivered more than 2,000 BNWAS systems.
BNWAS BW-800 has several Type Approvals and there for e complies with the regulations from IMO: MSC.128 (75) and the new IEC 62616 per ormance standard. All Type Approvals are available for download on www.unielec.dk. Uni-Safe Electronics will be displaying their BNWAS BW-800 system at the for the coming maritime exhibition: SMM running from 4th September - 7th September 2012 at Stand no. B6.427. Learn more about BNWAS BW-800 and other exhibitions BNWAS BW-800 will be displayed by checking Uni-Safe Electronics’ website: www.unielec.dk
Installation of BW-800 on “Leonora Christina”
Uni-Safe Electronics’ Australian agent: AMI Marine International supplied high-speed catamaran ferry “Leonora Christina” operating between Denmark and Sweden the total electronics navigation/communications and entertainment package, including the BNWAS BW-800 system. (“Leonora Christina” is the largest vessel built by Austal Ships).
Making safety a priority!
Now more than ever, focusing on safety on board ships is essential. Baring in mind the colossal damages collisions and groundings can cause, maintaining a high standard of safety at the bridge is crucial. The financial consequences to ship owners, due to ship loss or penalties can also be devastating. But with the installation of BNWAS BW-800, the vessel ensures that the officer on watch is alert and competent to carry out his duties.
Quality BNWAS systems
BNWAS BW-800 is designed as a cost effective product and it is easy to install which means low installation costs for the vessel owner. The small size of the units makes it easy to install on vessels with limited space for new equipment. Most of the systems are installed as retrofit when the vessel is sailing from one port to another or installed the next time the vessel is in dock. High quality and safety first are keywords for Uni-Safe Electronics.
Many vessel owners are not aware of the new regulations and deadlines for installation of BNWAS. If the vessel has failed to comply with the new regulations in due time the vessel will not be allowed to sail should a surveyor inspect the installations. To avoid a panic situation, Uni-Safe Electronics recommends vessel owners to install the BNWAS in due time, e.g. next time the vessel is docking. Uni-Safe Electronics is able to deliver BNWAS BW-800 on a day-to-day basis.
1 July 2011: New ships over 150 GT and all new passenger ships
1 July 2012: Existing passenger ships and ships over 3.000 GT
1 July 2013: Existing ships over 500 GT
1 July 2014: Existing ships over 150 GT
Oasis of the Seas Coverage
- Crystal creates visual magic with water for the AquaTheater on the Oasis and Allure
- Allure of the Seas features 3D digital cinema engineered by FUNA
- Allure of the Seas sails with KONE people flow solutions
- Starbucks and Royal Caribbean to offer first ever Starbucks at sea on Allure of the Seas
- Autronica delivers extensive safety system to Allure of the Seas