Compagnie du Ponant, the only French-flagged, luxury expedition cruise line reveals new South America programme for 2015 – 16. From the wild open spaces of Patagonia to the tropical forests of Panama, the well-crafted itineraries take passengers at the heart of each destination to meet with the locals and explore the most emblematic and off-the-beaten-track sites.
With a 30% discount on the brochure fare for early bookers* and Open Bar on all cruises, sales are now open for ten departures between October 2015 and March 2016 on board LE BORÉAL, L’AUSTRAL and brand new (launching in April 2015) LE LYRIAL.
Compagnie du Ponant is also launching new “Green Expeditions” involving regular Zodiac® outings on the Amazon and Orinoco, in the Darien National Park, the San Blas Archipelago in Panama, as well as Ecuador, the Chilean fjords and Cape Horn.
Example itineraries include:
Acapulco – Fuerte Amador (12 days / 11 nights) on board Le BORÉAL, departing 2 October 2015. From €2,490 per person
Rio de Janeiro – Dakar (18 days / 17 nights) on board L’AUSTRAL, departing 7 March 2016. From €3,570 per person
Recife – Bridgetown (18 days / 17 nights) on board LE LYRIAL, departing 16 March 2016. From €3,860 per person
Price on all cruises includes the following:
· English speaking lecturer
· All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
· Captain’s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
· Tea, filter coffee, water, a selection of cruise wines white, red and rosé offered during meals; afternoon tea
· Evening entertainment and events
· Luggage transfer from pier to the ship and vice versa
· Room service 24h (special selection)
· Water sports activities (except scuba diving) using the ship’s equipment, when permitted by local authorities and confirmed by ship Master according to safety and sea conditions onsite
· Park entry fees into protected area
· “Open Bar” (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands...list available upon request)
*for a limited period and depending on availability