Yesterday Azamara Club Cruises added four additional sailings to its lineup of Cuba voyages. Departing from Miami, the sailings feature overnights in Havana, as well as visits to two maiden ports of call – Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba. As the cruise brand that pioneered immersive destination experiences, Azamara is offering more opportunities for guests to travel deeper into Cuba.
“Interest in traveling to Cuba from both new and loyal guests is undeniable,” said Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “Destination Immersion is the heartbeat of our brand, so naturally we wanted to deliver authentic experiences in Cuba – from new ports to unique land discovery offerings – that truly bring the country’s rich history, culture and people to life.”
Azamara has created a variety of unique people-to-people shore excursions in Cuba. Travelers can enjoy the destination from sunup to sundown – exploring historic sites by day, followed by mojitos and sultry Cuban music in the evening. Multiple overnights also allow guests the opportunity to experience the destination at night when the cobblestone streets are filled with music from salsa clubs, the scent of hand rolled Cuban cigars, and delicious local cuisine.
Shore Excursion offerings feature a variety of experiences including a visit to the open air cabaret, Tropicana, a Nelson Dominguez art gallery tour, Havana by classic car along the Malecón waterfront and Hemingway’s Havana, with more experiences coming soon. All tour programs offered by Azamara are designed to meet U.S. requirements for travel to Cuba.
Two new Cuban ports of call
Beginning January 2018, Azamara guests will have the opportunity to explore new destinations within Cuba including two new ports of call:
– Cienfuegos: Known as La Perla del Sur (Pearl of the South), Cienfuegos sits on the south-central coast of Cuba. Cienfuegos translates to "100 fires” and the town adds a bright light to this fascinating country.
– Santiago de Cuba: Perched on the Caribbean Sea southeast of the capital of Havana is Santiago de Cuba. The soul of Cuba’s second largest city is bustling, diverse and bursting at the seams with fascinating history and cultural life.
Six opportunities to experience Cuba
Azamara’s full list of Cuba itineraries for 2017 and 2018 is below. Demand is high, so travelers are encouraged to book early.
– Havana Discovery Voyage: Departing on November 20, 2017 (10-Night Miami to Miami)
– Havana Getaway Voyage: Departing November 27, 2017 (4-Night Miami to Miami)
– Panama Canal & Costa Rica Voyage: Departing January 4, 2018 (11-Night Miami to Costa Rica)
– Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 9, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Havana); Features two overnights in Havana
– Cuba & Grand Cayman Voyage: Departing March 19, 2018 (7-Night Miami to Miami)
– Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 28, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Miami); Features two overnights in Havana