MSC Cruises has announced the opening of sales for its second world cruise, setting sail in 2020 on board MSC Magnifica.
"The 2020 MSC World Cruise boasts a new itinerary that includes more exotic, bucket-list destinations than ever before, with more than 40 ports of call and 23 countries. With four different embarkation ports and dates to kick off the three-month voyage, travelers can select their ideal starting point for a more customized vacation experience. Guests will make their travel dreams come true by crossing the globe without ever needing to leave the comfort of their staterooms. And, on board the stunning MSC Magnifica, they will be able to journey from country to country in the style and comfort that only MSC Cruises delivers," MSC Cruises said in a press release.
“Following the highly successful launch of our first MSC World Cruise last year, due to set to sail in January 2019, we are now delighted to open sales for a new world cruise for 2020 developed to offer guests experiences and destinations that they will never forget,” said Gianni Onorato, chief executive officer of MSC Cruises. “In addition, the experience onboard MSC Magnifica – one of the jewels of our fleet - has been designed to reflect the cultures and cuisines of the countries that the ship visits, giving guests the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a true around the world voyage of discovery both on board and on shore.”
Guests embarking from Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of January 2020 respectively will cross five continents on a three-month voyage of discovery to some of the world’s most talked-about destinations. Travelers embarking on January 4 will actually be able to enjoy the ship one day early before official departure on January 5. To offer even more opportunities to explore, eight destinations will include an overnight stay in port, giving guests up to two days to experience the local attractions, cuisine and unique atmosphere.
The 2020 MSC World Cruise will visit 43 destinations in total, many of which are brand new, exotic destinations including, among many others:
– Ushuaia, Argentina – As the most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains.
– Rapa Nui / Easter Island – This island is famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century.
– Darwin, Australia – Located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guest to experience the true Australia – beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife, all within close proximity.
– Valparaiso, Chile – This city is famed for its small colored houses on its coastal hills, and guests can get a spectacular view out into the Pacific or explore the city, searching for its photo-worthy murals.
– Mumbai/Bombay, India – The bustling city of Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers smells, tastes and sights around every corner.
– Salalah, Oman – With multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals, this stop will be hard to forget.